Test system D-Lactam
Test system D-Lactam – is a test system for detection and a quantitative assessment of D- lactate concentration in biological substratums (cerebrospinal, pleural, ascetic, synovial fluids, urine, blood serum).
The technique based on an enzymatic conversion of D- lactate into pyruvate with the following transmutation of the latter into actively colored chromogen.
Test system D-Lactam has a high sensitivity, specificity and reproducibility.
Test system D-Lactam is used for early differential diagnosis of bacterial and viral lesions of Central nervous system even after the beginning of antibacterial therapy and allows to achieve good results of treatment as compared with other actual protocols. Particularly there are decrease of the frequency of the unreasonable change of antibiotics, reduction in the hospitalization duration, factor of invalidization and lethality and keeping a former or reduced cost of examination and treatment.
Therapists, pediatricians, infectiologists, neurologists, pulmonologists, gastroenterologists, urologists, nephrologists, oncologists, rheumatologists and surgeons can use in their practical work the test system.
Test-system D-Lactam can be used in the following cases:
- To make differential diagnosis of bacterial and viral lesions of Central nervous system
- To make an assessment of treatment effectiveness
- To make an express test of the presence of bacteria in biological fluids
- To find out bacteria in sterile solutions
Test-system D-Lactam makes possible:
- To alleviate the process of diagnosticating
- Reasonably prescribe an antibacterial preparation
- Opportunely correct a medical tactic
The results of use of the test system D-Lactam are the following:
- Decrease of the frequency of the unreasonable change of antibiotics
- Decrease of the complications frequency
- Reduction in the treatment duration
- To cut down the cost of a therapy
Advantages of the D-Lactam test-system:
- Easy to use
- High sensitivity and specificity
- May be used in any clinical laboratory
- The use of test system is associated with the minimal financial and time expenses