D-Lactam diagnostic kit is intended for the determination of D-lactate level in biological substrates.
Developers: V. Semenov, I. Veramei, S. Zen’kova, T. Dmitrachenko, V. Skvortsova, I. Zhyltsou, K. Kubrakov
D-Lactam diagnostic kit passed through the all steps of state registration by the Center for Expertise and Testing in Health Service which also approved specifications for the manufacturing of this test system (BY 391360704.001-2014). The product is certified by the Ministry of Health Service of Republic Belarus.
In 2014, the D-Laktam diagnostic kit was awarded with the 3rd place in the competition “Best Innovative Project of Republic Belarus”.
D-Lactam diagnostic kit is based on the method of determination and quantification of D-lactate concentration in biological substrates (cerebrospinal fluid, pleural exudate, ascitic fluid, urine, and blood serum). The method is based on the enzymatic conversion of D-lactate into the pyruvate with the subsequent catalytic transformation of analytical target to the intensely colored chromogen (product of reduction of a water soluble tetrazolium salt – formazan). This diagnostic kit is characterized by the high sensitivity and specificity.
Reproducibility of results acquired with the use of this diagnostic kit is confirmed by the adequate model of calculation of the total uncertainty and the general principles of validation techniques.
Diagnostic kit may be used in practical work of therapists, pediatricians, infectiologists, cardiologists, pulmonologists, gastroenterologists, neurologists, urologists, nephrologists, oncologists, dentists, and in surgical practice.
D-Lactam diagnostic kit is used for:
– express differential diagnosing of bacterial and viral lesions of CNS;
– express detection of bacteria in urine;
– express detection of bacteria in blood;
– express detection of bacteria in pleural and ascitic fluids;
– express determination of bacteria in sterile solutions.
D-Lactam diagnostic kit allows to:
– find the cause of inefficacy of antibacterial therapy;
– change the tactics of treatment (if necessary);
– substantiate the choice of antibacterial preparations.
It results in:
– decrease of complications probability;
– decrease in total duration of treatment;
– reduction in the rate of unreasonable prescription of antibiotics.